Welcome to Faith Christian School!
- Everything you need to get ready for the first day of school -
We’ve compiled all the resources you'll need...
We eagerly anticipate the start of our new year and are delighted you will be a part of our community this year!
On this page, we've added all the links, handouts, reminders, documents, lists, and more to help prepare you and your students for the first day of school!
As the first day of school approaches, we'll be adding more things, so make sure to bookmark this page and check back regularly!
If you have any questions, please contact one of the staff members listed below.
New Family Orientation & Meet The Teacher Day: August 16th. Come meet teachers and administrators and make new friends!
School Resources & Information
Our website contains a drop-down menu for current FCS parents, linking to many resources, forms, calendars, and important information such as weather updates. Make sure to check the website for additional information as the year progresses. In the meantime, we've compiled this shortlist of must-haves for incoming families—many of these links go directly to the Forms & Resources page (which you'll return to numerous times throughout the year!):
2020-2021 FCS Handbook: Click here to access the current FCS Handbook.
Early Drop-Off Form: To sign up your student for early drop-off at Faith Christian School, click here to download the form and turn it into the FCS Front Desk.
Faith Zone (After-School Program): To sign up your student for after-school care at Faith Christian School, click hereto download the form and turn it into the FCS Front Desk. It is helpful to complete this form even if you do not plan to use the after-school program regularly.
FCS Athletics Site: All athletic information and forms for the FCS Athletics program can be found here. Warrior Wear, which is athletic wear that can be worn every Friday, game days, and additional "dress down" days throughout the year, can be purchased here.
Lower School Welcome Letter from Mrs. Brown, click here!
Lunch Duty Sign Up: All parents and even grandparents are encouraged to sign up for lunch duty at least once a month—it's a great way to see your students and meet other parents. Training is provided and more information will be sent out by Katy Eng, our Lunch Volunteer Coordinators. Click here for all the details and to sign up.
Meet the Teacher: Meet The Teacher Day will be held on Monday, August 16, for New Family Orientation as well as for students to meet their teachers and drop off supplies at school. New families should arrive at 9:00 AM and anticipate staying until 10:30 AM. Families will meet teachers and participate in a short orientation meeting. More information to follow. Additionally, expect communication from your child’s teacher prior to school starting.
Summer Practice: We recommend incoming Lower School students practice the skills listed in this PDF.
Summer Reading: Click here to find the required summer reading for your students.
Supply Lists: Click here.
Uniforms/Dress Code: Click here to read our dress code and follow this link to our vendor, Land's End, to purchase approved items. Enter our school code: 900042946. Land's End also has regular sales that we will post on the Facebook community so you can take advantage of them. Additionally, we will run a dress code consignment sale for you to purchase gently used and approved items. More information to follow.
Helpful Points Of Contact
Summer office hours at the school are 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM Monday-Thursday. The following is a list of contacts who can help with specific areas of questions:
- Kristan Brown, Head of Lower School at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly Eanes, Director of Athletics, at Keanes@fcsva.com
- Cathy Garland, PVO President (Parent Volunteer Organization) at email@example.com
- Kathy Martin, Director of Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Moslow, Receptionist at email@example.com for general questions.
- Rebecca Ridge, Middle and Upper School Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org. Rebecca is the primary point of contact for communicating with your Middle and Upper School student or teachers during the day. She oversees the details and logistics of Middle and Upper School day-to-day and events.
- Ginny Smith, Lower School Administrative Assistant at email@example.com. Ginny is a wealth of knowledge regarding all the details of the Lower school including dress code, FACTS/Renweb, scheduling, FCS events, and many other logistics of Lower School.
- Todd Smith, Head of Middle and Upper School at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tanya Wampler, Bookkeeper at email@example.com. Tanya can answer billing account questions and Indexed Tuition.
- Shelly Whitaker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be added to our FCS Family Facebook page.